What personal data do we process and why?
We may collect the following personal information from you when you provide it when you use HomeWizard website, apps, features or products ‘services’:
- Contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly, such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account or order.
- HomeWizard account information: when using the HomeWizard Energy app, you will be prompted to create an account. Your account information includes your e-mail address, password and language.
- Transaction information: order details of the products and services you purchase from us.
- Payment Information: credit/debit card details and bank account details you provide to pay for the products and services you purchase from us.
- Delivery information: information relating to the delivery of our products to you.
- HomeWizard product information: Information of the Energy products connected by you such as energy measurements, version numbers, statistics and diagnostic data.
- Device Information: information about the smartphones, mobile phones, computers or other electronic devices you connect to our products, website or HomeWizard Energy app, such as details about the type of device (which may contain unique device-identifying numbers), the operating system, the browser you use and applications on the device that connect to our products and services. It may also contain data from your Internet service provider, mobile network, and your IP address.
- Responses to surveys, contests and promotions: we keep a record of all surveys you respond to or of your participation in a contest or promotion that we run.
- Contact our customer service: when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint, we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails, call us or contact us via social media such as Youtube or Facebook. We may also monitor and record our telephone conversations with you to ensure that we meet the quality standards we set, as well as relevant laws and regulations.
- How you use HomeWizard products: we collect information about the performance of your HomeWizard products and how you use them. This includes, for example, Wi-Fi signal strength, stability and device settings.
- How you use the HomeWizard Energy app and our website: when you use the Energy app or our website, we collect information about how you got there, the pages you view, and how you use them.
- Location services: When installing your HomeWizard product, you may be asked to share your exact location and Wi-Fi name via ‘location services’.
You do not need to provide any of the personal information described above to us. However, if you do not do so, the functionality of our services may be restricted.
What we use your personal information for
- Providing and maintaining our services to you Any personal information we collect
- Payment and delivery information for our products and services Transaction, payment and delivery information
- Answering your questions and complaints Any personal information we collect
- Maintaining and improving our products and services Any personal information we collect
- Data analysis and statistical research to better understand how our products are used, and to provide recommendations on the use of our products. How you use our products, website, apps and services. Device information, transaction information, location services and HomeWizard product information.
- Installation and regional product information Location services
- Developing and recommending new products and service Any personal information we collect
- Direct marketing Any personal information we collect
- Investigating abuse of your account, fraud and collections Any personal information we collect
We may anonymize the personal information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you). Anonymized and aggregated information can be used for purposes such as testing systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps and products and for new products and services.
How we protect your personal information
We take technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is processed in a manner that ensures adequate security of your information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful data processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. For example, we use certified contractors who may have access to the data. The relevant data processing agreements are signed with these parties. In addition, the data is processed encrypted and/or anonymized where possible. For example, we use Google LLC data centers that are certified by ISO27001, ISO27018 and ISO27017 certificates.
Who do we share your personal data with
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Delivery companies: to deliver products that you have ordered from us.
- Service providers and advisors: Such as companies that support our IT, help us analyze the data we process, process payments, send messages to our customers, give us legal or financial advice and generally help us provide our services to you.
- External partners: In some cases you may have purchased a HomeWizard product through an installer, energy provider or other external partner. Who may have bundled these products with their own applications or service offerings. Such features may require some or all of your personal information. By registering the HomeWizard account, we can share your personal data with these third parties. When the sharing of information has taken place, the third party is liable for its processing of your personal data.
- Legal responsibility: Your personal data will be shared with third parties if this is necessary or appropriate to comply with the law, to comply with legal requests from authorities, to respond to any claims or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, our employees or the public and to protect, without limitation, ourselves or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of the Service.
- Business Transfer: as our business develops, we may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal information may be part of the transferred assets.
We disclose personal information only for the purposes described above. We may provide anonymized statistical information and analysis about users of our products and services.
Transferring your personal information internationally
How long do we store personal information
We keep your personal information as long as you have an account with us. After you close your account with us, we will retain some of your personal information for a reasonable period of time to enforce our records and legal obligations.
Conformément aux préférences marketing que vous avez définies lors de la création de votre compte ou que vous avez définies ultérieurement avec nous, nous pouvons vous contacter par e-mail, notification push, SMS, courrier ou téléphone avec des informations sur les produits et services qui, selon nous, pourraient vous intéresser. Vous pouvez vous désabonner de nos e-mails marketing à tout moment en cliquant sur le lien de désabonnement dans les e-mails que nous vous envoyons.
Cookies and pixels
Un cookie ou pixel est une petite quantité de données spécifiques qui est stockée sur votre ordinateur ou votre appareil lorsque vous visitez un site web ou ouvrez une application ou un e-mail. Avec les cookies fonctionnels, les produits sont stockés dans votre panier entre les sessions et vous restez connecté si vous le souhaitez. Les cookies analytiques collectent de manière anonyme la manière dont vous visitez notre site web, la durée de votre visite et les pages, publicités, e-mails ou messages de médias sociaux de HomeWizard que vous avez consultés. Ces cookies sont utilisés pour optimiser votre expérience personnelle et celle des autres sur notre site web, et pour afficher des publicités pertinentes sur d’autres sites web ou plateformes. Si vous choisissez de ne pas accepter les cookies, la fonctionnalité de notre site peut être limitée.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to inform about how your personal data is used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to opt-out of receiving marketing messages;
- the right to correct inaccurate personal data that we hold about you;
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection law.
We try to make as much of your personal information transparent and adaptable as possible via our services so that you have control over this yourself. If you are not happy with the way we use your personal information, you can file a complaint to your local data protection officer. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us first using our contact details to resolve your complaint. We respond to all access requests as quickly as possible, but at least within 4 weeks. In the case of complex requests, the term can be extended by an additional 4 weeks. If we extend the term, we will inform you within 4 weeks after submitting the request.
Changes to this Notice
HomeWizard B.V., Keyserswey 79, 2201 CX Noordwijk, The Netherlands